Tuesday, 17 November 2015 04:53
Simpler interface. The advanced options are now hidden by default.
Better detection of directories, both where archives are stored and the best choice for a temporary
Bug fixes to improve stability and reliability, including some rare problems which would prevent Akeeba Kickstart
from executing and / or make troubleshooting impossible.
PHP 5.3.04+ is required
Akeeba Kickstart requires PHP 5.3.04+, 5.4, 5.5 or 5.6. It won't run on hosts running PHP 5.3.03 (usually written as
5.3.3) or earlier, including PHP 5.2, 5.1, 5.0 and all 4.x versions.
- [LOW] Kickstart won't start on servers with problematic open_basedir restrictions
- [LOW] No error message shown when the server throws an error (thanks, Carlos!)
- [LOW] PHP notices when extracting symlinks
- [LOW] Wrong offset reported when an archive cannot be extracted
- [MEDIUM] Extracting symlinks in Dry Run mode would cause existing symlinks to be removed
- [MEDIUM] FTP/SFTP browser would fail on some servers when you don't provide a starting directory
- Better detection of the directory holding the archives and the best choice for a temporary directory