Joomla! 3.7.0 has a bug which prevents CLI scripts from executing correctly. We have identified the root cause of this issue and we are providing a workaround - even though Joomla's production team has acknowledged the issue and will fix it eventually. We recommend all users of the Professional versions of Akeeba Backup for Joomla, Admin Tools and Akeeba Ticket System to upgrade immediately.

Read more: Joomla! 3.7.0 and CLI scripts

The downside of having popular software is that we frequently get bogus security reports. Typically it's someone running an automated vulnerability scanner while lacking the technical skills to understand the report and put it in perspective. This happened again yesterday, March 7th, 2017. Do not fear. Akeeba Backup is secure. Please read on for the more technical explanation.

Read more: NOT a vulnerability in Akeeba Backup

There is a report about an alleged "vulnerability" in Admin Tools floating around the Internet. However, the described behavior is documented, optional and does not violate the site's confidentiality, integrity or trust. As a result it's not a "vulnerability". In the spirit of transparency we disclose both the report and our response to it.

Read more: NOT a vulnerability in Admin Tools

Beginning February 20th, 2017 Akeeba Ltd will no longer offer “official” translations to our software. The only language files we will ship are the English (Great Britain) a.k.a. en-GB. The reason is the quality of the volunteer translations and the cost for hosting the language projects. Existing translations can still be downloaded but will no longer be updated. Please keep reading for more details.

Read more: Discontinuing “official” translations for Akeeba software

Today, October 25th, 2016 we released Admin Tools 4.0.2 to mitigate a zero day security issue affecting Joomla. Our team was aware of this issue and had prepared the fix a week in advance. We decided to coordinate our release with Joomla to keep every Joomla site owner safe.

Read more: Admin Tools 4.0.2 and the Joomla! security issue of October 2016